AccessSurgery has moved to a new platform! The popular online resource provides medical students, surgical residents, and practicing surgeons with quick answers to surgical inquiries from authoritative sources. The content is basically the same and includes surgical textbooks, such as Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery and Zollinger’s Atlas of Surgical Operations. You’ll also find an extensive collection of images and surgical videos, case files, drug information, patient handouts, and more.
New features come with the new platform:
- Mobile Optimized:
- The AccessSurgery browser automatically adapts to any mobile device.
- Personalized Accounts:
- Use your personalized account to login to AccessSurgery remotely instead of using Pitt’s EZproxy service or UPMC Access.
- Use your personal account to set up automatic e-mail alerts for search terms.
- Save images and figures to your computer. Also, download them from AccessSurgery directly into PowerPoint.
- Streamlined Interface and Functionality:
- Click on the “Sites” drop-down menu to easily move to other Access resources, such as AccessMedicine.
To create a free personalized account, select Login or Create a Free Personal Account from the University of Pittsburgh drop down box in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
*Parts of this article were reprinted from the AccessSurgery Web site.
~ Melissa Ratajeski