Do you need to analyze NGS data but don’t have the computational power on your laptop or desktop to run it locally? The HSLS Molecular Biology Information Service (MBIS) and HSLS Technology have loaded two laptops with all current MBIS software (see figures below). They can be borrowed from the HSLS Technology Help Desk with a valid Pitt ID for use both within and outside of the library. The laptops can be checked out for four hours and are renewable online, but must be returned before the library closes.
- Model: Dell Precision 7710
- Monitor: 17.3” (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz)
- OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7 6920HQ @ 2.90GHz
- Memory: 32GB
- Video card: 4095MB Nvidia Quadro M5000M
- SDD: 953GB PM961 NVMe SAMSUNG 1024GB
- Battery life: ~3 hours
Contact the HSLS Molecular Biology Information Service with any questions.