The AccessMedicine App provides evidence-based information at the point of care. The app is available to Pitt and UPMC users through the HSLS subscription to the full AccessMedicine database.
The AccessMedicine App is a subset of the database and includes the following resources:
- Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment (QMDT): a collection of concise evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice.
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology: provides color images of skin lesions, plus a summary outline of skin disorders and diseases.
- Diagnosaurus®: a differential diagnosis resource that provides more than 1,000 diagnoses through a McGraw-Hill Medical tool that allows you to browse by symptom, disease, or organ system.
- Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests: a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
The app is free to download and is available for the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch from the Apple iTunes App Store. It requires iOS 7.0 or later. It is also available for Android devices from the Google Play Store and requires Android 4.1 and up.
To access the app, begin by registering for a MyAccess account:
- Direct your browser to AccessMedicine.
- On the AccessMedicine home page, click on the University of Pittsburgh link in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Select Sign in or Create a Free MyAccess Profile.
- Complete the registration form.
- On your mobile device, download the AccessMedicine app and log in with your MyAccess username and password.
In order to maintain uninterrupted access, you must log in to your MyAccess account from any on-site Pitt or UPMC computer at least once every 90 days.
For more information, contact the HSLS Main Desk at 412-648-8866 or use Ask a Librarian. For information about other mobile friendly versions of HSLS resources, such as Micromedex or UpToDate, direct your browser to the HSLS Mobile Resources website.