Need a place to study? HSLS provides a variety of study spaces for individuals and groups.
Study desks with privacy walls are available in two locations:
- A newly renovated area on the main floor contains 44 study desks. Each station has power outlet access.
- The upper floor has seating for 20 individuals across from Classroom 2.
Standing and stools:
- Counters and standing desks are available on the main and upper floors, both providing easy access to power outlets.
- The recently opened study room on the main floor has 11 tables with 3-4 chairs each. Larger groups can use the tables pushed together.
- Additional larger tables are interspersed with the computer stations on the main and upper floors.
- The upper floor Study Lounge is located on the far end of the upper floor.
Armchairs are available on the main floor near the leisure reading collection and on the upper floor in the Study Lounge.
Group Study Rooms can be used for individual or group study for four hours at a time. Rooms must be reserved online. Keys to access the room are checked out at the Technology Help Desk with a valid Pitt ID.
The main floor room with individual study carrels will soon feature access for Health Sciences students via their Pitt ID.
Posted in the April 2018 Issue