Join HSLS for two classes on EndNote, a well-known reference management tool that helps to streamline your entire research process.
Register for Basic EndNote online class*: Wednesday, October 12 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Register for Advanced EndNote online class*: Wednesday, October 19 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Basic EndNote is a popular HSLS class, which introduces the citation management software with hands-on practice.
After class, attendees will be able to:
- Add citations to an EndNote library
- Add PDFs to a library and annotate them
- Create in-text citations and bibliographies in Word
- Create an EndNote online account and sync it to an EndNote library
For participants who have experience with EndNote, the Advanced EndNote class helps you learn how to take advantage of more advanced functions. During this hands-on class, attendees will:
- Automate reference organization
- Batch-edit references
- Download and edit citation styles
- Troubleshoot common bibliography issues
To download and install EndNote, follow the “Get EndNote” instructions on the “Citation Managers” Guide.
If you can’t make it to a scheduled class, librarians have created a series of interactive EndNote Tutorials that can help you get started. You can also request a customized session of EndNote and other topics for your course, group, or department.
*HSLS classes are open to University of Pittsburgh faculty, staff, and students, as well as UPMC residents and fellows. A valid email address is required to register.