The ClinicalKey App provides evidence-based answers at the point of care. The app is available to Pitt and UPMC users through the HSLS subscription to the full ClinicalKey database.
Content and Features
The ClinicalKey App provides access to over 1,400 medical topics, MEDLINE abstracts, 600 full text journals, 1,000 textbooks, 4,500 practice guidelines, 2 million images, and 17,000 videos. Among the many evidence-based resources are First Consult and Goldman-Cecil Medicine.
The App includes a persistent login, universal search with auto-suggest, the ability to e-mail and save items, and full-text access to many resources. An Internet connection is required to use the App.
Search results can be filtered by:
- Content type (articles, books, images, practice guidelines, First Consult, and more)
- Time (last 6 months, last 12 months, last 18 months, last 2 years, and last 5 years)
- Available languages (Spanish, Russian, Canadian French, and more)
- Specialties (dermatology, infectious disease, and more)
- Study type (systematic reviews, meta analyses, randomized controlled trials, and more)
The app is free to download and is available for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad from the Apple iTunes Store. It requires iOS 7.0 or later. It is available for Android devices from the Google Play Store and requires Android 4.0 and up.
To access the App, begin by registering for a ClinicalKey account.
- Direct your browser to ClinicalKey.
- On the ClinicalKey home page, click on the Register link.
- Complete the registration form.
- On your mobile device, download the ClinicalKey app and log in with your ClinicalKey username and password. You must have an Internet connection to do this. Once you have successfully logged in, you won’t have to do it again.
For more information, contact the HSLS Main Desk at 412-648-8866 or Ask a Librarian. For information about other mobile friendly versions of HSLS resources, such as Micromedex or UpToDate, direct your browser to the HSLS Mobile Resources Web site.