We are pleased to welcome new and returning faculty, staff, and students. Although the new calendar year officially begins in January, August begins the new academic year. There are a few things you should know about the library that can make this new year easier for you:
- Falk Library is located on the second floor of Scaife Hall.
- Falk Library is open 110 hours a week.
- An extensive, up-to-date online library is available to you.
- Ask us a question via e-mail, phone, or chat.
- Contact your liaison librarian and find out how the library can help you.
- To learn about molecular biology databases and software tools, contact the Molecular Biology Information Service.
- Use PITTCat, the online catalog of the University of Pittsburgh libraries, to locate electronic and print journals and books, audiovisual materials, and other resources.
- Put your course readings, books, or other materials on reserve.
- Are we missing something you need? If so, recommend a resource.
- You can borrow tablet and laptop computers as well as flash drives and headphones.
- Group study rooms with wall-mounted display screens can be reserved.
- Take one of our many classes.
- Learn about mobile apps.
We invite you to use the library’s resources and services to support your teaching, learning, and research activities. Have a great year!
~ Nancy Tannery