E-books from STAT!Ref are available in a convenient mobile app for on-the-go access for Pitt and UPMC users.
The STAT!Ref Mobile App provides access to the following e-books:
- AFP Conditions A to Z (2012)
- ACP Medicine
- ACP PIER, Journal Club & AHFS DI® Essentials™
- ACS Surgery: Principles & Practice
- AHFS Drug Information® (2012)
- CPT with RVUs Data File, INGENIX® (2012)
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Ed. (DSM-IV-TR™, 2000)
- DrugPoints® System
- Fundamental & Advanced Nursing Skills, 3rd Ed. (2010)
- ICD-9-CM – Volumes 1, 2, & 3 (2012)
- Kozier & Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing: Concepts, Process, and Practice, 9th Ed. (2012)
- Medical Interview: Mastering Skills for Clinical Practice, 5th Ed. (2006)
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, 19th Ed. (2011)
- Nurse’s Pocket Guide: Diagnoses, Prioritized Interventions, and Rationales, 12th Ed. (2010)
- Nursing Diagnoses in Psychiatric Nursing: Care Plans and Psychotropic Medications, 8th Ed. (2011)
- Nursing Diagnosis Reference Manual, Sparks & Taylor’s, 8th Ed. (2011)
The STAT!Ref app is free to download. It is available for the iPhone/iPad from the iTunes App Store, for Android devices from Google Play and the Amazon App Store, and for BlackBerry (OS 5 or later) by accessing the app link from your Blackberry device. Note that STAT!Ref videos do not play on Android devices due to incompatibility.
For access to the STAT!Ref app, you need to create a My STAT!Ref account on the STAT!Ref Web site.
- Direct your browser to STAT!Ref.
- In the upper right corner, click on My STAT!Ref.
- Create your account by entering your e-mail address and then select: No, I want to create a My STAT!Ref account.
- Complete the required information and then click on Create Account.
- Click on the Temporary Login Account tab and then click on Activate/Renew.
My STAT!Ref accounts expire after 90 days. Two weeks before the expiration date, STAT!Ref will send you an e-mail reminder to refresh your account.
The STAT!Ref app is very easy to use. Simple searches can be done across all e-books, or an individual e-book can be searched or browsed. E-book content is interactive and includes figures, tables, images, and videos. You can link to PubMed and freely available articles from links within the app. The app also includes a “Define” feature that provides a definition for any selected word.
For help creating your account or using the mobile version, please contact STAT!Ref Product Support. For additional help using the mobile app or the full STAT!Ref site, contact the HSLS Main Desk at 412-648-8866 or send an e-mail to Ask a Librarian.
~ Julia Jankovic