HSLS subscribes to a collection of e-books in dentistry from MD Consult. Included are standard texts such as:
- Pathways of the Pulp
- Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Patient
- Mosby’s Dental Drug Reference
- Oral Pathology: Clinical Pathologic Correlations
- Esthetic Dentistry: A Clinical Approach to Techniques and Materials
- Management of Pain & Anxiety in the Dental Office
- Treatment Planning for Dentistry
A special feature of the MD Consult e-books is that we get immediate access to new editions as they are published.
HSLS also subscribes to three pocket atlases in the field of dentistry from Thieme focusing on dental radiology, endodontics, and oral diseases. These atlases have hundreds of vivid, full-color photographs that make them practical references for both practitioners and students.
Additionally, we provide access to three more books in dentistry: Cottone’s Practical Infection Control in Dentistry, Paediatric Dentistry, and Primary Preventive Dentistry.
The e-books are on various platforms; some have a limited number of concurrent users, and for others HSLS has a site license. If you are turned away from using a book, try again; generally, the situation doesn’t last long. All of our e-books can be accessed in numerous ways:
- Search for the title in the Pitt Resources Quick Search box
- Search for the title in PITTCat for the Health Sciences
- Browse e-books by subject
- Search the full text of HSLS e-books in the E-Book Full Text search box
~ Leslie Czechowski