What: Free CME Credits
Where: Via MD Consult or First Consult product use
How: Do a search on a clinical question topic and then click the button to request CME
Elsevier, a major publisher, has teamed up with the Cleveland Clinic to bring free CME credit opportunities to MD Consult and First Consult product users. HSLS currently subscribes to both products, so our users at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC are eligible.
A unique feature of this CME opportunity is its availability at the point-of-care, just one click away. The CME, typically 0.5 credit per topic search, is accredited by the AACME and qualifies as AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
The following instructions provide further information on the process. Complete these six steps to claim 0.5 credit:
- Identify a clinical question relevant to your practice
- Perform a search to answer your clinical question
- Select 1-3 of the most relevant articles
- Cut and paste the citations into the form
- Complete the questions on the form
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the form to obtain your CME certificate for 0.5 credit
Parts of this article were reprinted from First Consult.
~ Ahlam Saleh