Free continuing medical education (CME) opportunities are available to UPMC clinicians through library subscribed resources and various Web sites. All CME opportunities available through HSLS are outlined in detail in the How Do I? factsheet: Which HSLS Resources contain CME opportunities.
Below are selected free CME resources available through HSLS subscriptions. Note: You must be using a computer connected to the UPMC network or signed in via Connect@UPMC. To receive CME credits, most resources require a free registration.
AccessMedicine Harrison’s Grand Rounds Lectures
- Online lectures range from 15 to 30 minutes and focus on clinical management and treatment of common disease.
CardioSourcePlus CME for Physicians
- Read and answer questions regarding expert opinions and case studies or watch online presentations.
- Read the articles in Clinical Cornerstone, a bi-monthly CME journal, and answer the questions or view the interactive grand rounds, called CyberRounds. Note: Free CME credits are only available for the first 5 CyberRounds viewed.
- To receive credits you must print the CME Test Form and return by fax or mail.
- New online programs added monthly. Topics range from diabetes to end of life care.
- Self-assessment quizzes and activity evaluations can be completed online and CME certificates are automatically generated from the site.
The following Web sites offer free CME opportunities with registration:
- Offers both AMA PRA Category 1 and specialty association credits such as ACPE or AAP for watching webcasts on topics ranging from lung cancer to obesity.
- All presentations are rated by past viewers with comments.
- Can browse CMEs by disease, topic, or profession (Physician, LPN, Dietitian etc.).
- Includes webcasts, text-based CME, podcasts, and a listing of live events.
- Mobile version allows quick completion of activities via the iPhone and iPod touch.
For more information on CME opportunities, please contact the Falk Library main desk at 412-648-8866 or Ask A Librarian.
~ Melissa Ratajeski