HSLS now provides access to the institutional version of Cardiosource Plus, a specialized Web site, formerly available only to members of the American College of Cardiology. First time users may register for a free account to use premium services and resources listed below:
• More than 1000 clinical trials, including summary slides
• More than 4500 clinical images
• Expert interviews and case studies, offering over 100 hours in CME
• Heart Songs audio product
• Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC) online
• ePocrates Rx Online Drug Database and Essentials for Cardiology
• The most recent self-assessment programs including ACCSAP 6, EchoSAP 5, CCTSAP, CV Drug Therapy, ECGSAP 3, HeartValveSAP and ArrhythmiaSAP
• Rapid news summaries from major cardiovascular meetings.
Cardiosource Plus’ target audience includes students, practitioners and researchers, but any health care professional with interest in cardiovascular information will find it helpful.
The information is organized for easy use with drop down menus and quick links on the sidebar. Interactive features like “Analyze This Image” and “Talk Back” engage casual browsers. The “Journal Scan” feature is updated daily. The Cardiosource Video Network allows users to watch news briefs, conversations with experts, a featured articles program, and updates from the JACC editor-in-chief.
To access this resource type “Cardiosource Plus” into the search.HSLS box on the HSLS home page.
~ Michele Klein Fedyshin