Do you have a question regarding how to search a specific database? Feeling overwhelmed and not sure where to begin researching a topic of interest? Ask for help from your school’s liaison librarian, contact information below.
Liaison librarians provide a communication link between HSLS and the departments and programs within the schools of the health sciences and UPMC. Liaisons have in-depth expertise in retrieving, evaluating, and managing information in these subject areas.
Liaison librarians are available to:
• make presentations to departments or courses regarding library programs, resources, and services.
• incorporate library and information management skills into the curriculum;
• provide instruction on the use of online information resources;
• identify and evaluate subject specific Web sites;
• collaborate on research projects or grants;
• perform professional-level literature searches;
• review and validate your search strategies;
• answer questions about library collections, remote access, or document delivery;
• consult one-on-one on in-depth or specialized topics.
HSLS Liaison Librarians
John Siegel, MLS
Graduate School of Public Health
Contact Charles B. Wessel, MLS
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Linda Hartman, MLS
Mary Lou Klem, PhD, MLIS
Ahlam Saleh, MD, MLS
School of Medicine
Contact the reference desk