Do you want to access HSLS databases from your mobile device? If the answer is “yes”, then keep reading!
Through the library’s database licenses, HSLS users have free mobile access to nine databases, including Micromedex, AccessMedicine, The Medical Letter, ISI Web of Knowledge, and more. Visit the HSLS Mobile Resources Web site for details about each resource, including:
- The content and features available for the mobile version of the database (on the Mobile Resources chart, click on the “Read more…” link under the resource name).
- Links to download the app or access the mobile Web site.
- Instructions on how to create an account, when needed.
- Notations about the availability of full text.
- Descriptions of any issues encountered by the librarians when downloading and/or using the mobile resources. Each resource listed was evaluated by three HSLS librarians using an iPad, iPhone, Android Xoom, and an Android Smartphone.
On the Mobile Resources Web site, you’ll find all the information you need to stay connected and productive anytime and anyplace.
Watch for upcoming HSLS classes on mobile resources. For further information, please call the Falk Library Main Desk at 412-648-8866 or e-mail Ask a Librarian.
~ Melissa Ratajeski