The Nursing section of the HSLS Health Sciences E-Books by Subject list contains links to a number of online books of interest to nursing students, nursing school faculty, and clinical nurses. The e-books are offered on several different platforms (publisher interfaces), but they all contain up-to-date information on topics such as clinical nursing skills, nursing diagnosis and care planning, and nursing research.
Popular titles include:
- AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing
- Foundations of Nursing Research
- Fundamental & Advanced Nursing Skills
- Lippincott’s Nursing Drug Guide
- Nursing Leadership and Management: Theories, Processes and Practice
- Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices (AORN)
- Sparks and Taylor’s Nursing Diagnosis Reference Manual
- Statistics for Nursing and Allied Health
All HSLS e-books can be accessed via the HSLS e-books subject list or by searching by book title in Pitt Resources Quick Search. Note that some e-book platforms allow only a limited number of concurrent users, so you may on occasion be “turned away” from an e-book. If that happens, try again in a few minutes—typically you’ll be able to access the book then.
~ Mary Lou Klem