Sign up for Data Basics Fall 2022 Workshop Series
The Research Computing Education initiative (RCE@Pitt) is hosting the Data Basics workshop series again this Spring. We will be running Data Basics on Tuesday evenings from 5-8 PM starting on November 1st and running until December 13th. This term the workshop will be run virtually via Zoom.
This fall, Data Basics is a 6 part workshop series covering the basic techniques for research computing with the Python programming language. The series is oriented towards folks who have some experience with computing and programming and are motivated to expand these skills to help with their research. Data Basics is open to graduate students, postdocs, researchers, faculty, and staff from all disciplines and any skill level.
If you have already attended Data Basics or cannot attend, please spread the word and share these links with your colleagues!
We ask participants to attend all 6 sessions as they will be taught in a sequence. If you are only interested in a subset of the topics, please check out other workshops available at the University of Pittsburgh.
Tuesdays from 5-8 p.m.:
- November 1st – Data Centric Python with Jupyter Part 1
- November 8th – Data Centric Python with Jupyter Part 2
- November 15th – Computing Environments and the Unix Shell
- November 22nd – Thanksgiving Break
- November 29th – Data Processing with Python and Pandas Part One
- December 6th – Data Processing with Python and Pandas Part Two
- December 13th – Data Visualization with Python