HSLS provides access to 44 e-books from the R2 Digital Library. An easily navigable and highly searchable database, the R2 Digital Library offers full-text access to e-books in three “Library” collections: Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health.
The R2 Digital Library features:
- Robust search options:
- Quick Search by keyword across all content, or limit to title, images, or drug information
- Advanced Search: limit results by “Library,” discipline, or specific e-book title
- Sort search results by relevance, e-book title, chapter title, and more
- View search results from either the index or full text of each e-book
- Refine results using the “Search Within” feature
- Numerous browsing options:
- Browse by “Library,” e-book title, or the A-Z topic and drug indexes
- Navigate through each e-book’s table of contents, index, or related content
- Click on hyperlinked key terms in the full text to browse across all e-books on the platform
- Print or e-mail sections from e-books
- Export citations to either RefWorks or EndNote, or download a standard APA-style citation
- Save images (photos, illustrations, charts, etc.) from the e-books and use them in papers, PowerPoint presentations, or in the classroom*
- Link from R2 to PubMed, CINAHL, or AAP’s Red Book for expanded searching
- Use the “My R2” feature to bookmark sections or images or to save searches
- Incorporate readings from R2 e-books into a Blackboard/CourseWeb online syllabus
Popular titles in the R2 Digital Library include:
- The Medical Interview
- Case Files: Internal Medicine / Obstetrics and Gynecology / Emergency Medicine / Surgery
- The Clinical Practice of Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing
- Irwin and Rippe’s Intensive Care Medicine
- Essentials of Nursing Research
- Medical Terminology Simplified
New to R2? Watch an online demo.
*Saved images contain embedded copyright information and may only be used for educational purposes.
Portions of this article are from R2 Digital Library promotional material.
~ Jeff Husted