Thursday, February 16, 12-1 p.m., online
This is a flipped class; links to PowerPoint slides, lecture videos, and practice exercises that you can view on your own schedule are available upon registration. During the hands-on session, you will learn how to solve the exercise problems. This is the first part of a three-part series: Introduction to R; Data Wrangling in R , and Data Visualization in R using ggplot2.
Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- identify components of R interface
- perform simple calculations in R
- identify and compare data types in R
- use existing functions in R
- write simple functions in R
- load external packages in R
Novice R users or anyone seeking to learn how to use R for data analysis and graphics. Neither programming experience nor familiarity with R is required
This presentation is part of Love Data Week! Check out the entire lineup of Love Data Week 2023 at Pitt.