As most of you know, HSLS MolBio provides access to a large collection of bioinformatics/ molecular biology data analysis tools free of charge for all users with a University of Pittsburgh email address. If you or members of your lab ever have difficulty accessing one of these tools, let us know!
NEW Workshop Series
The Molecular Biology Information Service (MBIS) of the Health Science Library System (HSLS) and the Center for Postdoctoral Affairs in the Health Sciences are pleased to announce a new “how to” workshop series taught by biomedical postdocs at the University of Pittsburgh.
Hands-On Training Schedule
Falk Library Classroom 2 (upstairs)
Registration is NOT required.
- 18th: Locating Gene/Protein Info 1: Literature
- 25th: Locating Gene/Protein Info 2: Databases
- 2nd: Personal Genomics
- 9th: Microarray Data Analysis
- 16th: Genome Browsers
- 23rd: Gene Regulation Resources
- 30th: Cancer Genomics
- 6th: SNPS & Genetic Variation
- 13th: Primer Design & Restriction Analysis
- 20th: Intro to CLC Main Workbench
- 4th: Pathway Analysis Tools 1
- 11th: Pathway Analysis Tools 2
These classes are approved for AMA Category 2 CME credit.